Thursday, April 4, 2013
Man From Snowy River Bush Festival (Outback Festivals)
Saddle up for one of the biggest events in outback Victoria!
This April, the Snowy Mountains will explode with entertainment and festivities to celebrate the legend of Banjo Patterson’s Man from
With 4 days of action packed Australiana fun jammed into the program, you can expect be entertained by some of the best bush talent around.
The Festival boasts a four day trail ride, stockman’s challenge, ute muster, bush poetry and music, photographic exhibition and real life theatrical portrayal of Banjo’s Man from Snowy River poem, as the highlights of the event.
Man From Snowy River Festival Highlights:
Adam Harvey will be headlining the 'Country Rock Concert' on Saturday!
Imagine traipsing through the picturesque Snowy Mountains on horseback retracing the footsteps of the last journey of legendary Upper Murray stockman Jack Riley who met Banjo Paterson in 1890 and is locally regarded as the inspiration for Paterson 's famous ballad, "The Man from Snowy River"!
Australia Post Re-Enactment
Experience first hand a real life version of the Man from Snowy River poem with an authentic re-enactment of this legendary piece of Austra
lian culture. The act breathes life into the characters, culture and story behind the masterpiece…
Man from Snowy River Challenge
You’ll be amazed at the horsemanship and skill of today’s Snowy River stockman. All will be on display as these horseman compete in a series of events set to challenge the most skilled of professional riders (and horses)!
Poetry and Bush Music
An Australian Bush Festival isn’t complete without good old bush poetry, and in celebration of the king of Australian Bush Poetry, the Man from Snowy River Festival boasts the country’s best bush poets, singers, musicians and entertainers.
You’ll be entertained by street theatre, campfire stories and bush poetry competitions throughout the Festival!
Art and Photography
Some of the country’s best artists and photographers will have their work on display as the Art and Photography Competition offers a chance for artists to express their talents by depicting the Australian Bush Culture!
Ute fans polish your bonnets and shine up your mags for the Man from Snowy River Ute Muster!
THURSDAY 4TH - SUNDAY 7TH APRIL
- Art & Photography,
- Victorian Bush Poetry Championships and Music Competitions & walk-ups &
- $60,000 Man From Snowy River Challenge.
- Re-enactment of AB Paterson's Man From Snowy River Poem
- 4 day Mountain Trail ride - Rileys Riders come to Town,
- Street Parade,
- Street Stalls,
- Jack Riley Service @ Museum,
- Entertainment Marquee,
- 3 day - $60,000 Man From Snowy River Challenge Starts,
- Attree Park Community Concert,
- 7pm- High Country Rodeo & Music &
- ANZ High Country Station Team Muster.
- Aussie Bush Idol Competition,
- Ute Muster,
- Bush Market,
- Entertainment Marquee,
- Busking Competition,
- Foz Dog Jump,
- Working Cattle/Sheep Dog Competition,
- Equestrian Education Arena,
- Lighthorse & Tent pegging display,
- Geoffrey Graham Show,
- The Crack up Sisters,
- The Challenge Continues &
- "RISING STARS" Aussie Bush Idol Finalists at the COUNTRY ROCK CONCERT.
- Team Penning,
- Arena Entertainment,
- Man From Snowy River Finals,
- Brumby Catch &
- Stocksaddle Buckjump.