Dalby Tours and Attractions

“Bronze Digger” War Memorial

The foundation stone was laid on 11th December 1920. The Memorial Gates which were prepared by J Shill, Dalby, carry the dates 1914 and 1919.

The Treaty of Peace signifying the official end of the Great War was signed on 28th June 1919, although the Armistice to end fighting had been signed on 11th November 1918.

This explains why some memorials carry the dates 1914-1919, while most carry the dates 1914-1918

An Australia Remembers 1939-1945 cairn was unveiled by Sir Walter Campbell on 12th August 1995.

In nearby Stanley Street is the George Anderson Memorial Park, a gift to the people of Dalby in 1946 by Mr and Mrs W J Anderson. It was dedicated to and in loving memory of their son Flight Lieutenant George Anderson who was killed on active service on 27th January 1945.

Sir James Killen planted a Gallipoli pine at the dedication of the Australia Remembers Commemorative Park, Jandowae Road, on Remembrance Day, 11th November 1995.

The park honours service personnel from Dalby who lost their lives, 64 in the Great War, 66 in World War II, 1 in Korea, and 1 in Vietnam. Rolls of Honour line the entrance to the Dalby RSL.