Tours & Attractions
Winton is the Birthplace of our National Song “Waltzing Matilda”.
Winton is the land where dinosaurs once roamed and the home of Queensland’s Boulder Opal.
Winton Shire is located in Central West Queensland and covers 53,820 square kilometres. With our diverse landscape of red earth, Mitchell grass downs and jump-up country Winton has numerous natural and man made attractions to be discovered. Experience Winton Today!!
You will find some of the best outback attractions in and near Winton, including:
- The Waltzing Matilda Centre
- The Royal Open Air Theatre (with the Worlds largest deck chair)
- Lark Quarry (Dinosaur Trackways)
- Australian Age Of Dinosaurs exhibition and attraction
- Arno's Wall
- Musical Fence
- The North Gregory Hotel (first live performance of Waltzing Matilda)
- Corfield & Fitzmaurice Historical Building (Also houses several displays)
- Opalton (Boulder Opal mining town)
- The Winton Club (first board meeting of QANTAS)
- Bladensburg National Park
Just to name a few of the many attractions. Allow several days to fully explore this fascinating part of outback Queensland.
Recently home to Hollywood hunk Guy Pearce for the filming of The Proposition.
The best time to visit the town is in the winter, but the social calender does boast a full range of Winton events all year round.
Advertise your Business or Job with Us
Are you an Outback accommodation business,or have an outback event or festival that you would like to expose to over 40,000 unique visitors per month?
Do you need staff or have a Job that you just can’t fill?