Menindee Tours and Attractions
Drop in to the Menindee Visitors Information Centre
33 Menindee Street, Menindee and collect your
free Tour Map of 19 historic sites
Hear the local stories & colourful history from our friendly volunteers. Find out where you can go bird watching and fishing.
- Broken Hill Water Supply Pumping Station – The site on the Darling River where water is pumped to Broken Hill through the aboveground pipeline.
- Menindee Historic Trees -Burke & Wills Tree 1860 – Survey Tree 1882 – Yartla Street floodlevel Tree 1890
- Menindee Rail bridge – Offically opened as a Rail/Road bridge – With a lift span to let Paddle Steamers through – Was later designated as a rail only bridge when another road bridge was built at the other end of town.
- Burke & Wills Base Campsite – Pamarmaroo Creek – Approx 20km north of Menindee Township
- Camel Driver’s Grave – Dost Mohomet – A member of Burke & Wills Expedition who went as far as Cooper Creek campsite and later was disabled by a rouge camel – Lived the remainder of his life in Menindee.
- Copi Hollow – A man-made lake developed for speedboats, water-skiing, sailing and swimming. See the man-made inter-connecting channel linking Copi Hollow & Lake Pamarmaroo to Lake Menindee.
- Main Weir 20km from Menindee Township – Enjoy the site & birdlife.
- Menindee Lake Lookout (Menindee/Broken Hill Road) – 12km northwest of the Menindee township – Great spot for early morning birdwatch.
- Sunset Strip (Menindee/Broken Hill Road) – 22km northwest of the Menindee township – A hamlet on the shores of Lake Menindee